The Institute for Leadership Education in Engineering: Graduate (ILead:Grad), formerly known as LoT:G, is a cross-faculty graduate student group at the University of Toronto.
Our goal is to motivate our members to take on challenges and grow as leaders in their field. Our activities include holding seminars and workshops that focus on different aspects of leadership. Some examples of past events are: Professional Communication Series, Management Consulting Seminars (in partnership with Bain&Co and Deloitte), and Hospital Outreach (in partnership with Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital).
We are currently accepting applications for executive positions in our group. By applying to these positions, you will have the chance to benefit from our leadership education program, get your ideas recognized, and learn how to make a real contribution to your department, university and community.
We are looking for passionate individuals to join our team. It is usually expected that the executive members attend our biweekly team meetings as well as fulfill responsibilities assigned to them
We are recruiting for the following positions:
- – manage the email account(s)
- – manage the official Dropbox account for sharing and storing documents and records of activities
- – manage website content
- – provide opportunities for members to interact and network
- – organize social activities at general meetings
- – facilitate communication between departments and other graduate engineering student groups
- – develop social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to increase engagement and reach
- – manage the technical aspects of the website
- – work with the Communications Director to ensure that the website is professional and up-to-date
- – administer content on the website and to create appropriate permissions for Executive Members
- – manage financial accounts
- – prepare financial statements and summary for the Annual Report
- – provide monthly financial updates at meetings to ensure that the budget remains balanced
- – record and distribute meeting minutes
- – ensure everyone on the team is up-to-date
- – assist in the room booking process and procuring food